One of my favourite internet marketers is Frank Kern.
His laid back, genuinely funny and interesting ‘hokey’ style of ‘hey-I’m-an-ordinary-guy-doing-some-things-on-this-ole-interweb-thing-and-I-happen-to-make-millions-off-it-while-having-fun-and-surfing’ mixed with razor sharp internet marketing ‘spider senses’ make him a must follow kind of guy.
With his early products like ‘Mass Control’ and the Under Achiever method he takes the difficult world of internet marketing and makes it simple enough for anyone to understand.
One of his ‘classic’ presentations is his ‘Core Influence’ presentation in 2003 Internet Marketing Summit.
I’ve just recently re-watched it and marvelled at the easy going ‘Jenius’ of not only the content that Frank teaches but HOW he teaches it and how it influences the crowd.
Naturally I’m always taking notes so I thought I’d share them with you – most of them are notes straight from the powerpoint slide.
But there are also notes from comments that I thought were important.
So I invite you to watch this video it’s about 2 hours long (get a cup of coffee/ tea and an easy chair) and you can also download the notes below:
- #1 – The Identity They Walk Around In Every Day. I call this the Shell identity i.e “I am a Banker”
- #2 – The Identity they REALLY WANT i.e ‘I’m a Rock Star”
- Our inner identity is our true identity = our CORE Identity. The boy who wanted to be a chef but is now a pharmacist.
- Most influence is done on the surface. This is called ‘surface influence’ or ‘head to head’ influence
- We communicate on two levels. Head to head and the core level
- Lasting influence comes from a core communication
- To communicate on this level, your subconscious speaks to their subconscious
- The subconscious is really in control
- You can’t really control your subsconscious but you can guide it
- With proper guidance, your subconscious will create a new core identity for you and this identity will speak to your market on a core level
- When you identify core identity of your market… and communicate with it, you will have more power and influence than you ever though possible
- You can learn how to do this
Step 1: Discover Your Core (Wake Up)
- Our deepest core desires give clues to our core identity (core desire not on a material level)
- Why are you here in this room and reading this
- Make more money
- Network with your peers
- Contribute to the community
- Why do you want more money, network with your peers, contribute etc?
- Our brains will lie to us. The reasons will give us surface answers
- The Truth is, we all want to create and perpetuate Experience. Goals are meaningless.
- i.e We get a Ferrari —> to feel like James Bond and the Big Lie.
- The big lie is if you get a Ferrari you will be James Bond
- We want the experience
- Get clear focus on what your core identity is
- When you communicate from this core place you are centered, stable and focused
- This Total clarity Magnetically attracts ‘Matches’. (Someone who has a similar core identity) And causes you to be exponentially more persuasive
“Goals and Things are irrelevant”
- E + I = L
- E = experience. We do not crave things. We crave the experience the things give us.
- I = Identity. Our experience, belief and values create our identity. All communication comes from identity
- L – Life. Our experiences and Identity work together to form our life
- Good news! we’re all dying!
- How many more days of life have you got in you? Calculate it excatly
The One Question That Will Change Your Life Forever
- Where would you live?
- what would your house look like?
- what time would you wake up?
- what would you do in the morning?
- what would you have for breakfast
- what does the mundane stuff look like (kids to school etc)
- what would you spend the first half of your day doing?
- what would you have for lunch
- who would you eat with?
- what are your friends like?
- What would you talk about?
- What would you do for personal fulfillment?
- What life purpose would you strive for?
- what would your business be?
- what time would you start work?
- what would you do actually DO at work?
- what are your clients like?
- what is your relationship like?
- what would you do of family time?
- what would you have for dinner
- what would you eat
- what would you do at night
- what would you do it with
- what would your thoughts be as your go to sleep?
I hope you’ve enjoyed Part 1 of Frank Kern’s Core Influence Notes Presentation. If you’d like the FULL notes just click on the link below. By doing so you’d also be subscribing to my yummy marketing newsletter fully of awesome info and strategies (which you can unsubscribe from anytime)
So Please Click on the link to download Part 2 and the Full Frank Kern Notes from this awesome presentation.
Hope you enjoyed watching the video!