I’m a big fan of looking for the lessons in my life (including the hard ones).
It’s only through inner reflection can we sometimes see the lessons we’ve been taught, or the lessons we’ve taught ourselves.
Life lessons can’t be taught at school because we get to learn throughout our whole lives.
Having said that, I found tho wonderful video by John Shakleton sharing the life lessons he’s learnt and that he tries to apply and I think many of them will resonate with you.
Life’s Lessons That Can Change Your Life
(Why didn’t they teach me this stuff at school?)
1. If it doesn’t kill you, it really does make you stronger.
2. Miracles usually happen when you’re not looking.
3. When in doubt just take the first step.
4. Over prepare and then go with the flow.
5. Everything ever created, started with a dream, so dream big.
6. When face with a disaster, ask yourself: “Will this matter 5 years from now?”.
7. However good or bad a situation is – it will change.
8. Take a deep breath – it calms the mind.
9. If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else’s – we’d grab our own back immediately.
Family and Friends
10. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t screw up the present.
11. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood – start now.
12. Say things often to the people you love: “I’m sorry, I was wrong, please forgive me”.
13. Your job won’t look after you when you’re ill so stay in touch with friends and family.
14. Don’t compare your situation to others, you have no idea what their journey is about.
15. Pay off your credit cards every month.
16. Start saving for your retirement – yesterday.
17. Envy is a waste of time, you already have everything you need.
18. Money is a measurement of the amount and quality of service given to others.
19. Your children only get one childhood so let them live it.
20. Stay fit and healthy for your kids sake.
21. What you DO speaks so loudly your children won’t hear what you SAY.
22. It’s OK for your kids see you cry.
23. What others think of you is none of your business.
24. Life’s too short to waste time hating someone.
25. Don’t take yourself so seriously – nobody else does.
26. You don’t have to win every argument. Sometimes it’s better if you just agree to disagree.
In the End
27. Life isn’t always fair but it’s great to be alive.
28. Time heals everything so give time time.
29. Growing old definitely beats the alternative – dying young.
30. All that really matters is that you loved and were loved in return.
31. The best is yet to come.
You’ve only got 100 years to live…
Music: five for fighting
Comment and share below which lesson really resonates with you and why 🙂